Pages

Friday, January 15, 2010

Rust Quilt Entry


A House In Harlan
  
I have been making Rusted cloth for a couple of years now, and this "call for entry" came from Rust-Tex, the sponsors of the exhibit, a group of ladies that I know challenged each other to enter with some rust dyed cloth that we had created during a summer workshop,
This is the first Juried Show, I have ever entered (or any quilt show for that matter). I don't know how I will do, but it was no pressure, my Goal was to get them finished and entered which was a Big step for this procrastinator! I have about three other Rust Quilts in the works but I feel very good about finishing these  and getting them entered .



This Quilt - A House in Harlan is a very personal quilt made with old family photos, from my Dad's Mothers Family, The pictures date from the 1930's.




  A Rusted Family Tree
 this small quilt includes pictures from my Mothers, Grandmothers Family, Each leaf is constucted of a photo transfer, and layered with quilt material.

1 comment:

  1. Nice images of your quilts Kathi.
    It can be scary entering challenges......but after awhile it becomes exciting more than it is scary.
    Good for you to follow this through, get it entered, and forever have textile art of what you love to do!
    LuAnn

    ReplyDelete